November 01, 2011

School Girl Crush

A pic of me, when boys still
 had cooties and life was easy.
Do you remember the feeling you would get when a cute boy would say your name? Or the butterflies that would flutter when he would hold your hand? Or better yet, your racing heart beat when the two of you would slow dance?

Those were the days of Saturday morning cartoons, Girl Talk and school girl crushes. Now in my 20's and much more realistic with my day dreaming, I find that the fluttery butterfly feeling doesn't fly. It's rare that a guy makes me feel that way anymore. I have been on a lot of dates as of late but with no one that really stands out. Everyone has just been a quick blip on the map of my dating scene.

But apparently, I have regressed and travelled back in time. I have a crush. A real crush. One that makes me blush and blurt out randomness in place of sentences. One that makes me feel young and giddy. Unfortunately, one that also makes me clam up in fear. I lose all of my guts and glory in his presence! I feel like I need to lay low and blend into the background instead of being awesome and straight forward me. I become the self conscious school girl all over again. Was dealing with crushes always this tricky? 

Well, one man isn't going to make me shake in my boots. I'm strong! I'm going to pull up my boot straps, put on some lipstick and stand tall! I've got this. Now, to just get my sweaty palms and erratic breathing under control and I'll be just fine.

Until next time

No comments:

Post a Comment