April 09, 2011

Mr. Perfect

  The more we grow as individuals, the more we realize what is important to us in a potential partner and for us in a relationship.  I’ve heard over the years and have experienced for myself that having a ‘list’ can be beneficial.  Figuring out what is a must helps for us to narrow down our Mr. Perfect.

  When I was 19, it was a must for my potential partner to make me laugh, have a car, like going to concerts and to be able to stay up all night to bar hop and dance.  That’s what I remember.  Things have defiantly changed!  A partner with humour is still a must on my list.  A love for music is very important.  A partner with a car, isn't really so necessary.  And well, I no longer bar hop.   

  It’s important to look at where you are now in your life and who will compliment and grow with you.  Everyone should have a list.  I’m not talking about writing out a list of 50 must haves including eye colour, astrological signs and the status of ones abdominals, but a list of characteristics that are important to you.  Which are the characteristics that are definite have not’s?  Which ones are must haves?  And which characteristics would be a nice bonus?

  During my dating experiences, I’ve learned about which traits and characteristics are my must haves and have not’s.  For me, my list is as follows;

Have Not’s:  I can’t stand someone who; is rude, doesn’t take responsibility for his own actions, is petty, self-centered, undependable and always thinks of himself as the victim. 

Must Haves:  I need someone who; will make me laugh, that will communicate, that is willing to take a risk and try something new, has a passion, that is confident and driven and that has patience when life gives us ups and downs.

Bonuses:  I’d be even happier if; he can cook (because I can’t!), enjoys live music, is interested in travelling together, loves animals and has a smile that’s contagious.

  When you write out your own list, it helps you to realize what is actually important for you in a potential partner.  Your list will always be changing as you continue to grow as an individual, but you’ll see that some of the characteristics on your list will never waiver.  Look for someone that carries those traits.  He’ll be the one that you’ve been looking for.  Hopefully he’ll be your Mr. Perfect.  Happy hunting ladies!

Till next time

No comments:

Post a Comment