October 01, 2011

What ever happened to You Know Who?

Just last week my girlfriends and I went out and happened to run into one of my friends old flames. We were in shock. Not from the awkward conversation but by his transformation. The once super cute guy had lost his fit body, shaved his head and grew a handle bar mustache. Needless to say, he was a little underwhelming for us. Seeing him channel a tinier version of Hulk Hogan got me thinking about my own exes. What ever happened to them?

So, I had to search and in some cases thank goodness for social media. My serious past partners were easier to find; married with children, long term girlfriend with children, long term girlfriend, and still not ready for commitment. Somehow my earlier partners had all settled down and were making mini versions of themselves. Over the years, my partners apparently became a little unstable, insecure and just plain wacky :S Unfortunately, it turns out that I can put most of my relationships in the latter categories!

What if I had been the girl who had always dreamed of the perfect husband and 2.5 children? Would I still be living in a small town? Would I have settled down by now, driving a mini van and picking out a collie dog? Would I be happy?

Well, if I had, I would have missed one hell of a good run! I have no regrets, just learning experiences. My experiences have helped me grow and they continue to make me stronger. I'm confident in myself and I will just have to wait it out until I can find someone that channels my own Mr. Right.

Till next time

No comments:

Post a Comment